reallyread.it is a social media platform powered by reading.
- Your reading progressTrack yourself.Spend less time scrolling and more time reading.
Smarter curation.We rank articles based on what people really read.
- 26 reads
- Better conversations.Only users who really read an article are allowed to comment.
Article of the Day
At Friends Seminary, an elite private school in Manhattan, an awkward parody of a Nazi salute opened a proxy battle in a larger war over values.
- 35 minFull list of issues which have been found in 50 (and counting) publications from Cornell professor Brian Wansink. 6 retractions, 14 corrections.
- 18 minThe un-celebrity president: Thirty-seven years after leaving office, Jimmy Carter shuns riches, lives modestly in his Georgia hometown
- 3 minLike many of the developers at Braintree, I didn’t study CS in college. Instead, I stumbled onto an online Python course four years after graduating with a degree in economics. I remember the thrill of writing my first program, which not only worked, but actually did something useful. Admittedly,
- 16 minFed up with their high-pressure jobs, some millennials are quitting and embracing the FIRE movement. (It stands for financial independence, retire early).
- 14 minAides routinely stole documents off Trump’s desk. Military leaders ignored the president’s orders. And the backstabbing went both ways.
- 2 minMatt, 26 Tall, skinny. Thinks he’s just “lanky.” Likes climbing (indoor), climbing (outdoor), and his dog. When you meet him, he introduces himself...
- 6 minI work for the president but like-minded colleagues and I have vowed to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.
- 2 minit's not uncommon for reporters to call upon dramatic skills in the course of conveying the perils of extreme weather phenomena.
- 2 minMichael Moore believes President Donald Trump is an "evil genius" who will be re-elected.
- 9 minHonnold can seem introverted, and describes himself as “not very warm,” but he insists that he does not have a “death wish.”
- 18 minA new breed of entrepreneurs is creating huge consumer brands — like MVMT and Tuft & Needle — without venture capital, and laughing all the way to the bank.
- 1 minThe Lenfest Institute for Journalism is proud to fund individuals and organizations building news and information products that engage and inform local communities.
- 3 minLiverpool are primed to complete the signing of Virgil van Dijk from Southampton, after agreeing a fee of £75m for the Holland international
- 22 minA fatal overdose in East Portland leads detectives into the Dark Web, where lab-created opioids are bought with Bitcoin.
- 2 minThe big names distinguish themselves, but so do some hidden gems. Rounding out the top five: the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Yale University, Columbia University and the California Institute of Technology.
- 45 minSomebody had to foot the bill for Anna Delvey’s fabulous new life. The city was full of marks.
- 1 mina video clip of a report captured during hurricane florence appeared to show some very selective heavy winds.
- 1 minCan Mark Zuckerberg fix Facebook before it breaks democracy?
- 5 minAt Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.
- 5 minDonald Trump is suggesting that the Puerto Rican government -- either in cahoots with or under pressure from Democrats -- inflated the death toll from Hurricane Maria solely in order to make him look bad.
- 6 minWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
- 9 minTechnology chief executives were once admired for their force-of-nature personalities and daring. Now boring is the new black (or is it beige?). Except for Elon Musk, of course.
- 93 minOur career path is how we spend our time, how we support our lifestyles, how we make our impact, and even sometimes how we define our identity. Let’s make sure we’re on the right track.
- 8 min<p>It began, as so many similar stories do, with a series of tweets. On September 4th, a writer at The Outline, a news startup founded in 2016 by Joshua Topolsky, posted that she and several of her colleagues had suddenly been laid off, leaving the site with no staff writers whatsoever. This was met by […]</p>