reallyread.it is a social media platform powered by reading.
- Your reading progressTrack yourself.Spend less time scrolling and more time reading.
Smarter curation.We rank articles based on what people really read.
- 26 reads
- Better conversations.Only users who really read an article are allowed to comment.
Article of the Day
After setting off a furor that unsettled the markets and his own board, the Tesla chief talks about the pressure he is under and his struggle to cope.
- 17 minWhy did Gao Chengyong rape and mutiliate 11 women—and why did he stop?
- 13 minAs the chain opens stores at the rate of three a day across the US, often in the heart of ‘food deserts’, some see Dollar General as an admission that a town is failing
- 47 minInside the growth of Goop — the most controversial brand in the wellness industry.
- 14 minThe White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, was a witness to key episodes being scrutinized in the case. His cooperation with investigators is unusual.
- 19 minIn an excerpt from her memoir, Small Fry, the author reflects on Jobs’s privacy, his temper, and watching a legend grow before her eyes.
- 12 minRumors abound in a small town in the Australian outback. Was Paddy Moriarty fed to a pet crocodile? Or could he have been baked into a meat pie?
- 9 minAsian-Americans, a largely made-up group united by historical marginalization, are desperate for a movie like this one to be perfect, because the opportunity to make another might not arrive for another quarter century.
- 15 minHollywood has finally realized that telling inclusive stories is good business
- 4 minThe rapper’s account of an encounter with Elon Musk set social media on fire. But that wasn’t the last word. Not by a long shot.
- 13 minTwo American cyclists had a vision of the world, or, at least, what it could be. The men who mowed them down in Tajikistan had a starkly different one.
- 8 minAnd #MeToo has left them behind.
- 6 minWe can fight stereotypes about Asian American students while rejecting the idea that test scores are the only kind of merit.
- 22 minHow does the catalog-loving retailer, famous for such eccentric and extravagant products as the Navigable Water Park, continue to survive in the age of Amazon?
- 9 minThe star on pregnancy, her lineage, and body acceptance.
- 9 minWe are currently in the formative years of an EdTech revolution. A complete digital overhaul of our classrooms is inevitable. New technologies promise to transform education in positive ways. This is not about the Surface, the iPad, Chromebooks and smartboards. Those are all just delivery mechanisms with great PR and [...]
- 4 min"You have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," retired US Navy Adm. William McRaven said in a stunning opinion column.
- 10 minAvital Ronell, a superstar professor, was found by N.Y.U. to have sexually harassed a male grad student. But his charges have met disbelief from some feminist scholars.
- 9 minStart-ups raising $100 million or more from investors used to be a rarity. Now, this scale of fund raising is commonplace.
- 37 minWhite threat in a browning America.
- 9 minThe new film's creators turned down a “gigantic payday” at Netflix to ensure the first Asian-American-focused studio movie in 25 years would be seen in theaters and, if all goes well, reshape the Hollywood landscape: "The biggest stage with the biggest stakes — that’s what we asked for."
- 1 minYoung Thug was taken in handcuffs from the Slime Language release party last night
- 1 minThe Pentagon said in a Thursday statement that it would "explore opportunities" in 2019 for President Donald Trump's military parade that originally had been set for November of this year.
- 45 minSomebody had to foot the bill for Anna Delvey’s fabulous new life. The city was full of marks.
- 2 minMagician Penn Jillette, one half of the duo Penn &Teller, claims he heard President Donald Trump say "racially insensitive" remarks during his time appearing on the reality competition show, "The Celebrity Apprentice."
- 40 minA few months ago, while dining at Veggie Grill (one of the new breed of Chipotle-class fast-casual restaurants), a phrase popped unbidden into my head: premium mediocre. The food, I opined to my wi…
- 17 minAir marshals are conducting a new domestic surveillance program, tracking people as they fly and move through airports. It might be illegal.
- 5 minBy the second semester of my freshman year at Harvard, I had started going to classes I wasn’t signed up for, and had pretty much stopped going to any of the classes I was signed up for – except for an introduction to economics class called “Ec 10.” I was fascinated by the subject, and the professor was excellent. One of the first things he taught us was the supply and demand diagram. At the time I was in college (which was longer ago than I like to admit), this was basically how the global economy worked:
- 1 minSoftBank Group Corp.'s Corporate and IR page provides information about Biography: Rajeev Misra.
- 22 minA fatal overdose in East Portland leads detectives into the Dark Web, where lab-created opioids are bought with Bitcoin.