What We're Reading
Article of the Day
The President is learning the same lesson faced by twelve of his predecessors: dealing with Pyongyang is the toughest diplomatic challenge in the world.
- 22 minMr. Roth won almost all the major literary awards and published an exceptional sequence of historical novels in his 60s, an age when many writers are winding down.
- 9 minI want to discuss a popular TV show my wife and I have been binge-watching on Netflix. It’s the story of a family man, a man of science, a genius who fell in with the wrong crowd. He slowly descends…
- 3 minIt took decades for Wall Street titans Jamie Dimon and Lloyd Blankfein to become billionaires. Baiju Bhatt and Vlad Tenev did it in a Silicon Valley minute.
- 6 minWhen it comes to media criticism, comparing Elon Musk to Donald Trump is very unfair — to Trump.
- 5 minFive years ago, Alexia Bonatsos, née Tsotsis, was co-editor of TechCrunch, a job that made her renowned in startup circles and familiar with a wide number of startups and their founders. What she really longed to do, in fact, was invest in some of them. “I was among the first people to write …
- 17 minOn Sept. 5, 2017, U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that the government was terminating DACA. That same day, then–Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Elaine Duke issued a memo directing DHS to reject all initial DACA applications.
- 6 minIn front of billions, Meghan Markle entered one of the oldest halls of whiteness, with the flowers of former colonies sewn on to her veil, and blended in. Her mother stood out.
- 2 minHere’s 4 quick lessons to take from the Hollywood Disruptor, Denise Hewett, right now that can improve your business, life and career.
- 4 minA Federal Reserve study shows Americans born between 1980 and 1989 have 34 percent lower net worths than they should for their age.
- 11 minThe cases seek a verdict on “post truth” culture and on Mr. Jones, a Trump ally who reaps millions peddling bogus claims about an American tragedy.
- 2 minA new poll shows that vacations aren’t quite detoxing from their digital lives
- 2 minPresident Trump on Thursday sent a letter to the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un canceling their highly anticipated summit on June 12 to discuss denuclearization.
- 7 minSurveillance is not a requirement. We’re looking for scrappy entrepreneurs trying to build something better.
- 7 minMatilde Giglio and Mayank Banerjee met in a pub in Covent Garden in 2015. David Cameron had just won a general election for the Conservatives; the UK was one year away from the fateful referendum that would see the country withdraw from the EU.
- 15 minStartup CEO Matt Bencke, 45, thought he’d thrown out his back. Then he went to the ER and received the most sobering news of his life.
- 6 minI never thought I’d get here. I never thought I’d be legally allowed to stay in this country, be a college graduate or be a
- 18 minI don’t feel alone anymore. Let us never shut up about this.
- 1 minJessica Verrilli, the head of Twitter’s corp dev team and the company’s lead when it comes to mergers and acquisitions, is leaving the company at the end of the year.
- 7 minNine students and a teacher were killed in a shooting Friday morning at Texas' Santa Fe High School, a law enforcement official said.
- 2 minAfter more than five years of helping turn anonymous youngsters into global celebrities on YouTube, Ben Grubbs is striking out on his own.
- 5 minTeachers say they left the meeting disappointed and frustrated.
- 7 minMr. Trump’s decision, while long anticipated and widely telegraphed, plunges America’s relations with European allies into deep uncertainty.
- 5 minStudy cites ways to bolster scientific foundations of artificial intelligence
- 4 minCLEVELAND—Generously admitting that he most likely would not have been able to beat the gritty, defensive-minded Pacers all by himself, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James credited his teammates during the post-game press conference Sunday with providing the necessary bodies to avoid forfeiting Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals. “I really have to hand it to my guys for showing up at the arena and preventing an automatic loss with our season on the line,” said James, praising his teammates’ promptness and stressing that they were equipped to compete with warm-up sweats, jerseys, and sneakers. “We won this game today as a unit, as defined by Association regulations. I’m only one man, and whether you like it or not, that’s just not enough to field a team. Basketball really is a team sport, and you must have four other players on the court at all times.” James, visibly exhausted after averaging 41.8 points in Cavaliers’ wins during the series, also admitted that Cleveland would’ve swept Indiana if NBA rules had not mandated the presence of four superfluous players.
- 5 min(Paid Content) From odor to dryness, these are the top seven vagina traits doctors say are totally normal.
- 1 minNagraj oversees M12. He has more than 20 years of experience in venture capital, business development, software engineering, and management. Previously, he was a senior vice president and head of Qualcomm Ventures and led business development for Qualcomm Research. Nagraj holds an M.B.A. from the J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University, an …
- 5 minCatharine Bond Hill examines three primary reasons for higher education institutions' fall from grace.
- 22 minA fatal overdose in East Portland leads detectives into the Dark Web, where lab-created opioids are bought with Bitcoin.
- 13 minThe United States has had the most ambitious research program in Antarctica for 50 years. But our reporters journeyed there and found the infrastructure is aging and deteriorating, and the new price tags are high.