reallyread.it is a social media platform powered by reading.
- Your reading progressTrack yourself.Spend less time scrolling and more time reading.
Smarter curation.We rank articles based on what people really read.
- 26 reads
- Better conversations.Only users who really read an article are allowed to comment.
Article of the Day
- 13 minIn her brief life, Lyric McHenry was blessed: a childhood in Beverly Hills, an elite education and a budding film career. In death, things were more complicated.
- 3 minThe romance between "Sweetener" singer Ariana Grande and "SNL" performer Pete Davidson has turned sour.
- 3 minThe Saudi journalist’s fingers were severed during an interrogation and he was later beheaded, according to details from audio recordings published in the Turkish media.
- 4 minitching to write a thought piece about how brooklyn is beautiful, dead, and everything in between? here are some pro tips.
- 1 minrachel maddow looks at republican vote suppression tactics around the united states as congressional elections draw near and early voter turnout suggests soaring public interest.
- 1 minin the many scientific endeavors that are driven by organic chemistry, unambiguous identification of small molecules is of paramount importance. over the past 50 years, nmr and other powerful spectroscopic techniques have been developed to address this challenge. while almost all of these techniques rely on inference of connectivity, the unambiguous determination of a small molecule’s structure requires x-ray and/or neutron diffraction studies. in practice, however, x-ray crystallography is rarely applied in routine organic chemistry due to intrinsic limitations of both the analytes and the technique. here we report the use of the cryoem method microed to provide routine and unambiguous structural determination of small organic molecules. from simple powders, with minimal sample preparation, we could collect high quality microed data from nanocrystals (~100x100x100 nm, ~10–15g) resulting in atomic resolution (<1 å) crystal structures in minutes.
- 8 minReligious “blue laws” achieve many of the same goals as progressive labor unions.
- 22 minA fatal overdose in East Portland leads detectives into the Dark Web, where lab-created opioids are bought with Bitcoin.
- 45 minSomebody had to foot the bill for Anna Delvey’s fabulous new life. The city was full of marks.
- 2 minThe Saudi king denied knowing anything about what happened to Jamal Khashoggi, said President Trump, who is sending his secretary of state to meet the king.
- 1 minThrillist means fun. As eaters, drinkers, travelers & doers, we serve the curious & bring our passion, expertise & taste to cover things that are truly worth your time & money.
- 13 minif hiking is about a destination, forest bathing is about an immersion of the senses into the natural world. it's a wellness trend, and studies suggest several health benefits.
- 12 minhow do some people’s careers grow quickly? if you’re ambitious, what can you do beyond just being good at your job? here are 8 skills…
- 6 minDiscover recipes, home ideas, style inspiration and other ideas to try.
- 17 minfacebook’s $22 billion whatsapp purchase made brian acton one of the richest people in america. but his idealism clashed with mark zuckerberg’s financial juggernaut. for the first time, acton explains why he left.
- 3 minis it possible to have a single word be both your favorite and least favorite at the same time? feminist is that word for me. what started initially as a catchy word to draw traffic for my new…
- 4 minthe college will hire an external investigator to look into hazing allegations concerning 12 student organizations and the dimensions performance group, senior associate dean of student affairs liz agosto ’01 said on thursday evening. the decision, which was made this week, came after the college received an increased number of reports this term about hazing incidents, including kinds that could threaten the health and safety of students. the organizations include five fraternities, three sororities and co-ed greek houses, three athletic teams, one student life organization and the dimensions performance group, which is a student-run organization that performs songs and dances about the college in front of prospective students in the spring. the organizations will be informed whether they are under investigation next week, agosto said.
- 35 minFull list of issues which have been found in 50 (and counting) publications from Cornell professor Brian Wansink. 6 retractions, 14 corrections.
- 3 minYour search for great deals and coupon savings ends here. Find the best bargains and money-saving offers, discounts, promo codes, freebies and price comparisons from the trusted Slickdeals community.
- 3 mincopyediting and proofreading are marketable skills if you're seeking freelance or full-time work editing a variety of print and digital media. copy editors review written work --- correcting typos, spelling and grammatical errors; revising awkward phrasing; and checking facts. proofreaders are the last set of eyes to ...