reallyread.it is a social media platform powered by reading.
- Your reading progressTrack yourself.Spend less time scrolling and more time reading.
Smarter curation.We rank articles based on what people really read.
- 26 reads
- Better conversations.Only users who really read an article are allowed to comment.
Article of the Day
Asian-Americans, a largely made-up group united by historical marginalization, are desperate for a movie like this one to be perfect, because the opportunity to make another might not arrive for another quarter century.
- 47 minInside the growth of Goop — the most controversial brand in the wellness industry.
- 13 minAs the chain opens stores at the rate of three a day across the US, often in the heart of ‘food deserts’, some see Dollar General as an admission that a town is failing
- 17 minWhy did Gao Chengyong rape and mutiliate 11 women—and why did he stop?
- 12 minRumors abound in a small town in the Australian outback. Was Paddy Moriarty fed to a pet crocodile? Or could he have been baked into a meat pie?
- 22 minHow does the catalog-loving retailer, famous for such eccentric and extravagant products as the Navigable Water Park, continue to survive in the age of Amazon?
- 6 minWe can fight stereotypes about Asian American students while rejecting the idea that test scores are the only kind of merit.
- 9 minWe are currently in the formative years of an EdTech revolution. A complete digital overhaul of our classrooms is inevitable. New technologies promise to transform education in positive ways. This is not about the Surface, the iPad, Chromebooks and smartboards. Those are all just delivery mechanisms with great PR and [...]
- 13 minTwo American cyclists had a vision of the world, or, at least, what it could be. The men who mowed them down in Tajikistan had a starkly different one.
- 8 minAnd #MeToo has left them behind.
- 9 minStart-ups raising $100 million or more from investors used to be a rarity. Now, this scale of fund raising is commonplace.
- 4 min"You have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," retired US Navy Adm. William McRaven said in a stunning opinion column.
- 10 minAvital Ronell, a superstar professor, was found by N.Y.U. to have sexually harassed a male grad student. But his charges have met disbelief from some feminist scholars.
- 16 minIt’s not selling out; it’s buying in.
- 8 minWelcome to the age of the political mass-text. Candidates in this year’s midterm elections are adding a new, hard-to-ignore tool to their arsenal.
- 9 minThe star on pregnancy, her lineage, and body acceptance.
- 40 minA few months ago, while dining at Veggie Grill (one of the new breed of Chipotle-class fast-casual restaurants), a phrase popped unbidden into my head: premium mediocre. The food, I opined to my wi…
- 10 minFor generations, U.S. presidents have gone to great lengths to avoid potential conflicts of interest. When I was elected, I followed suit by placing my small business in a blind trust to assure our citizens that I would always put the country’s interests ahead of my own. It’s a vital presidential tradition. That’s why I find it a bit curious that our new commander-in-chief has been allowed to ignore it.
- 2 minRachel Maddow looks back at the revelation of Richard Nixon's enemies list and the abuse of power it represented, though unlike the list of enemies that Donald Trump openly attacks, Nixon's was marked "confidential."
- 1 minThe Pentagon said in a Thursday statement that it would "explore opportunities" in 2019 for President Donald Trump's military parade that originally had been set for November of this year.
- 9 minThey have weaponized social media, and we are all paying the price.
- 3 minThe urinals are not at all subtle. They're bright red and placed in heavily trafficked areas — for example, directly next to the Seine near the Notre Dame Cathedral.
- 37 minWhite threat in a browning America.
- 1 minSafaree claims he “almost died” after Minaj “cut” him; Minaj accuses him of stealing her credit card
- 2 minPoco prima di mezzogiorno è venuto giù il ponte Morandi, sul fiume Polcevera: si teme ci siano diversi feriti ma non ci sono ancora notizie – Tutti gli aggiornamenti
- 7 minI’ve spoken to hundreds of voters in “flyover country.” Socialism is an easy sell.
- 45 minSomebody had to foot the bill for Anna Delvey’s fabulous new life. The city was full of marks.