reallyread.it is a social media platform powered by reading.
- Your reading progressTrack yourself.Spend less time scrolling and more time reading.
Smarter curation.We rank articles based on what people really read.
- 26 reads
- Better conversations.Only users who really read an article are allowed to comment.
Article of the Day
- 3 minThe Saudi journalist’s fingers were severed during an interrogation and he was later beheaded, according to details from audio recordings published in the Turkish media.
- 3 minThe romance between "Sweetener" singer Ariana Grande and "SNL" performer Pete Davidson has turned sour.
- 13 minif hiking is about a destination, forest bathing is about an immersion of the senses into the natural world. it's a wellness trend, and studies suggest several health benefits.
- 12 minhow do some people’s careers grow quickly? if you’re ambitious, what can you do beyond just being good at your job? here are 8 skills…
- 17 minfacebook’s $22 billion whatsapp purchase made brian acton one of the richest people in america. but his idealism clashed with mark zuckerberg’s financial juggernaut. for the first time, acton explains why he left.
- 2 minThe Saudi king denied knowing anything about what happened to Jamal Khashoggi, said President Trump, who is sending his secretary of state to meet the king.
- 8 minReligious “blue laws” achieve many of the same goals as progressive labor unions.
- 22 minA fatal overdose in East Portland leads detectives into the Dark Web, where lab-created opioids are bought with Bitcoin.
- 3 mincopyediting and proofreading are marketable skills if you're seeking freelance or full-time work editing a variety of print and digital media. copy editors review written work --- correcting typos, spelling and grammatical errors; revising awkward phrasing; and checking facts. proofreaders are the last set of eyes to ...
- 6 minDiscover recipes, home ideas, style inspiration and other ideas to try.
- 45 minSomebody had to foot the bill for Anna Delvey’s fabulous new life. The city was full of marks.
- 4 minthe college will hire an external investigator to look into hazing allegations concerning 12 student organizations and the dimensions performance group, senior associate dean of student affairs liz agosto ’01 said on thursday evening. the decision, which was made this week, came after the college received an increased number of reports this term about hazing incidents, including kinds that could threaten the health and safety of students. the organizations include five fraternities, three sororities and co-ed greek houses, three athletic teams, one student life organization and the dimensions performance group, which is a student-run organization that performs songs and dances about the college in front of prospective students in the spring. the organizations will be informed whether they are under investigation next week, agosto said.
- 3 minis it possible to have a single word be both your favorite and least favorite at the same time? feminist is that word for me. what started initially as a catchy word to draw traffic for my new…
- 3 minYour search for great deals and coupon savings ends here. Find the best bargains and money-saving offers, discounts, promo codes, freebies and price comparisons from the trusted Slickdeals community.
- 35 minFull list of issues which have been found in 50 (and counting) publications from Cornell professor Brian Wansink. 6 retractions, 14 corrections.
- 3 minThe company was attacked amid one of the most difficult times in its history and as it continues to contend with the falloutfrom its role in a Russian disinformation campaign.
- 1 minAlgorithms for predicting recidivism are commonly used to assess a criminal defendant’s likelihood of committing a crime. These predictions are used in pretrial, parole, and sentencing decisions. Proponents of these systems argue that big data and advanced machine learning make these analyses more accurate and less biased than humans. We show, however, that the widely used commercial risk assessment software COMPAS is no more accurate or fair than predictions made by people with little or no criminal justice expertise. We further show that a simple linear predictor provided with only two features is nearly equivalent to COMPAS with its 137 features.
- 2 minBuzzFeed will handle advertising and branded content sales for 2nd Try LLC.
- 1 minA representative of the Republican mainstream, Ms. Haley had criticized Mr. Trump’s demeanor. She at times clashed with more hawkish members of the administration.
- 1 mina yale classmate of kavanaugh’s describes a dormitory party gone awry and a drunken incident that she wants the f.b.i. to investigate.